SFMTA has a “Fix It! Week.”
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency launched the “Fix it!” Week” to catch up on track and equipment maintenance.
Every night after hours on the Muni Metro, SFMTA maintenance crews work to maintain the tracks and underground equipment. Most nights, that only gives them about two hours to get the job done. To perform critical maintenance tasks that cannot be performed during normal windows, SFMTA provides Fix It! Week of Thursday April 14 to Sunday April 24, so that teams have more hours each night to do this vital work.
During Fix It! Weekdays, the subway between Embarcadero and West Portal will close early at 9:30 p.m. Buses will run above ground to connect all stops, starting at 9:30 p.m. until the normal end of train service at 12:00 a.m., while the metro is closed for maintenance. . The Owl service will remain unchanged. Trains will begin regular morning service each day. To accommodate those attending the NBA playoffs at Chase Center, subway service will remain in place on game nights at Chase Center.
Transit Service Plan – 9:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- The KLM Bus Shuttle will serve all Muni Metro stops and Market Street Island stops between Third/Mission Rock and St. Francis Circle
- The K Ingleside and M Ocean View trains will run between Balboa Park and St. Francis Circle
- The N Judah and J Church trains will operate “interline” between Balboa Park and Ocean Beach in both directions with a change at Church/Duboce:
- The J Church train will continue to Ocean Beach as N Judah
- The N Judah train will continue to Balboa Park as the J Church
- The third train will run between Sunnydale and Third/Mission Rock
The Fix It! The weekly work window will give us the opportunity to carry out complex work aimed at making metro operations more reliable and preventing future breakdowns. The maintenance will cover overhead lines, tracks, signals and the automated train control system, a signaling system that tracks the location and speed of all trains in the metro.
The next Fix It! The week is scheduled for August 2022.
During Fix It! Weekdays, Muni customers are encouraged to allow extra travel time when riding Muni during the metro closure. Regular bus fares will apply on shuttle buses and valid transfers will be accepted. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we improve the safety, reliability and timeliness of the Muni Metro system.
For more information on service alternatives during this time, please visit the SFMTA website.
For more general information, please visit the metro maintenance site.