NEW YORK, July 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — According to the latest market research published by P&S Intelligence, in 2021 the biological control agents market had a $4,851.7 million value, which is about to touch $13,634.3 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 12.2%. The market is growing owing to the growing preference for biological solutions over chemical crop protection products. In addition, biological control agents are safe for the environment, do not harm people and work all year round.
Agrochemical companies are actively engaged in collaborations to meet the growing demand for biopesticides. For example, a collaboration agreement was signed in May 2022 between Chr. Hansen Holding A/S and UPL Limited will provide ZOATIN, a novel bio-solution that effectively supports plant uptake and utilization of phosphorus to improve crop health and production.
Get the sample pages from this report: https://www.psmarketresearch.com/market-analysis/biocontrol-agents-market/report-sample
Key Observation Points in the Biocontrol Agents Market Report
- The microbial category, which accounts for almost 60% of the biological control agents market revenue, is expected to grow at the highest rate. This is due to the incredible ability of microorganisms to eliminate crop pests and increase yield.
- Additionally, unlike conventional pesticides, which have the potential to kill other organisms, including birds, insects, and mammals, microbicides often only harm targeted pests and creatures closely related to them.
- Also, people are quickly embracing the concept of organic farming. For example, the percentage increase in organic farmed area to total organic area in the UK increased by 34% in 2021 compared to the previous year.
- By crop type, the Cereals & Grains category has a 40% market share. This is partly due to the high need for cereals and grains of the growing world population.
- The field category holds the largest share of the biocontrol agent market. Spraying biocides during the crop growth period is considered the most effective way to ensure safe produce, which, combined with the benefits of these organic agrochemicals, continues to drive their use.
- In 2021, North America contributed more than 30% of the turnover to manufacturers of biological control agents. This is due to the huge area of fertile land, the growth of the market for organic products and the growing awareness of people about microbial pesticides.
Additionally, the well-established agricultural industry in the United States has only just begun to transition to organic and natural farming techniques, including biopesticides. For example, one source claims that in 2021, organic farming needs have increased by almost 30% in the country.
Browse the detailed report on Analysis of Biocontrol Agents Market Growth, Opportunities, Trends, Developments and Forecast to 2030
To diversify their product offerings and increase their market share, major companies in the biocontrol agents market have conducted aggressive R&D. These companies are Viridaxis SA, UPL Limited, Nufarm, Corteva Agriscience, Marrone Bio Innovations, Biobest Group NV, Syngenta Crop Protection AG, Bayer AG, Novozymes A/S and BASF SE.
Biocontrol Agents Market Report Coverage
Per active substance
- Entomopathogenic nematodes
By crop type
- Cereals & Grains
- Vegetables & Fruit
- Pulses and oilseeds
By target pest
- Seed treatment
- Right away
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Browse more reports published by P&S
Seed treatment Market Size and Share Analysis by Product Type, Crop Type, Application Method, Application Time – Industry Growth Forecast to 2030
Crop Protection Chemicals Market Size and Share Analysis by Type, Application – Industry Growth Forecast to 2030
About P&S intelligence
P&S Intelligence provides market research and consulting services to a wide range of industries around the world. As an enterprising research and advisory firm, P&S believes in providing in-depth insights into the ever-changing market scenario, to enable businesses to make informed decisions and ground their business strategies wisely. . P&S has the interests of its customers at heart, which is why the information we provide is both honest and accurate. Our long list of satisfied customers includes entry-level businesses as well as multi-million dollar companies and government agencies.
SOURCE P&S Intelligence